Matagorda Beach Cleanup
We are currently working on raising funds to purchase equipment for mass removal of trash on Matagorda County beaches. We think this will be the only major mechanized cleaning operation run by a non-profit in Texas. We are a 501(c)3 organization, so all donations are tax deductible.
- Remove 1 million+ lbs of trash/debris per year from Matagorda county beaches while conducting operations in a way that is not detrimental to beach wildlife.
- Improve habitat for coastal marine life, especially birds and sea turtles, through removal of harmful debris.
- Prevent trash from entering the ocean and remove marine debris from beaches before it re-enters the Gulf of Mexico.
- Improve local economy through increased tourism by improving one of the most important amentities in the county.
- Create a roadmap for other organizations to duplicate this project including funding and results.